The location of Wolf Nullo building is one of the most exceptional places in the centre of Warsaw. Close proximity of prestigious buildings and open park areas make a unique surrounding. Our basic assumption was to create a building with a scale and stylistics associated with valuable elements of the proximity and with features of the modern high class architecture.
The building is made of two visually different parts. The basic corps - distinguished with bright travertine and glass walls - contains mainly usable areas. Thanks to large glazed areas the office space is open to park and the amount of light is regulated with the system of blinds and screens. These movable parts of elevation expose it to subtle changes and the building has various architectural faces.
The optical counterpoint for the main part of the building is a closed, basalt covered part located on the side of the slope. It houses the entrance hall and conference rooms.
The climate of the interior of the building is specific thanks to warm and natural wooden surface of walls and ceilings with simple and technical finishing: glass, architectural concrete and polished steel.
In our design we focused on the integration between the green areas and the architecture. Islands of decorative grass, climbing plants on the building walls or miniature terrace trees - they all embellish the architecture of the building.
The building has various architectural "faces".
Our goal was to make a highest class building and simultaneously an optimum, contemporary working environment with fine architecture corresponding to the surrounding.
Prof. dr hab. architect Stefan Kuryłowicz, 1941-2011
In the 16th century Bona Sforza's private residence was built. In the next century the building belonged to the Lubomirski family.
In the 18th century the plot was acquired by Stanisław August Poniatowski and his family - private residences were built in the area.
In the first half of the 19th century the property was developed with a fancy garden and a hospital of St. Lazarus.
In the second half of the 19th century the Branicki Palace was raised on the land and a female high school.
Prestigious buildings are raised in the surrounding, Francesco Nullo monument appears in the garden.
During the Warsaw Resurrection the district became the arena of fights for the maintenance of the connection between the "South" Centre with Czerniaków.
The Czerniaków Powiśle gained monumental stairs, which are the symbol of urban social realism plans.
Completed investment – Wolf Nullo office building.
After the location of the town in 1300 the area with the plot at Francesca Nulla street was a part of Kałęczyn-Chmielnik district. In the 16th century the land in this area belonged to the mayors of the Stara Warszawa town and to the St. Spirit Hospital. The area near the slope belonged to the village of Solec.
After the death of King I Stary in 1548 the whole district belonged to his wife, Bona Sforza. In the village of Jazdów (region of the Wiejska street) she built her own private residence. It was developed and improved by further kings and it was at its best in the end of the 16th century, when it became the summer royal residence. In 1668 Jan Kazimierz Waza gave it away and in 1683 it belonged to the Lubomirski family with all benefits.
In the 18th century Stanisław August Poniatowski bought the Ujazdowskie properties from the Lubomirski family and in 1766 he started a reconstruction of the Ujazdowski Castle into the ruler's private residence. In 1784 the king gave the Castle to the town to build the barracks of the Lithuanian Infantry Guard. The king gave some plots on the slope in the region of Nowy Świat, Rozdroża Złotych Krzyży (the present Plac Trzech Krzyży) and the Piękna street to his elder brother Kazimierz and his son Stanisław.
Prince Kazimierz Poniatowski commenced works in 1777 on the management of a residence called „Na Książęcem”. It was built on the northern headland of the given slope, over the Żórawka river gorge, in which a street was made in the 2nd half of the 18th century (the present Książęca street).
In 1789 the headland on the south side of the gorge was managed. A residence "Na Górze" was raised there and it had a small representative palace, coach house, riding hall and a villa, where masonic lodge gathered.
Both residences were designed by Szymon Bogumił Zug, a prominent architect in the times of Stanisław.
When prince Kazimierz Poniatowski passed away in 1800 the property was acquired by Dominik Radziwiłł. A French restaurateur, Szymon Chovot rented it from Radziwiłł. He founded a fancy garden in the area of the property named Frascati.
The Residence "Na Górze" in the years 1815-1830 was inhabited by the attorney at the Council of the Polish Kingdom, the famous Nikołaj Nowosilcow (Senator from the III part of "Dziady" by Adam Mickiewicz).
The property "Na Książęcem" was subject to proprietary transformations in those days. In 1841, in its south-eastern part, St. Lazarus hospital was built, which constituted a branch of the University clinic of skin and venereal diseases.
In the years 1851-1853, on the south from the Frascati garden the building of Instytut Szlachecki was raised. The Institute was built in the place of a villa, which earlier belonged to Józefa Bodachowska, an official mistress of prince Kazimierz Poniatowski. From 1862 the building housed the Aleksandryjsko-Maryjski Institute of Education for Noble Ladies, which was a female high school.
Circa 1870 the area of the Frascati garden was acquired by Aleksander Branicki and he lived in the former Oberża rebuilt into a classicist palace (now it is the Museum of the Earth). In 1878 the Branicki family built a new palace on this land (on the axis of today's Prusa street), according to the design of Leandro Marconi. Its architectural character was identical to the Zamoyski Palace still on its place today at the Foksal street.
The financial losses suffered in effect of World War I forced the Branicki family to sell the Frascati property. In the middle of the 30s the Branicki palace was redeveloped and adjusted to the needs of the French Embassy.
In the years 1925-1929 the garden was partially divided and a new layout of streets was made - Frascati, Konopnickiej and Prusa. They formed a triangle square in the axis of Nulla street, which connects with the Alley "Na Skarpie".
In the twenties of the 20th century the south side of the Frascati street was developed with luxurious town villas. The northern-east corner of Frascati and Nulla streets was developed with a two-storey villa designed by Józef Handzelewicz, whereas in the south-eastern corner a villa by Lech Niemojewski was built. The prestige of private residences was constantly growing due to the neighborhood of the buildings of the Polish Seym, which were built there, as well as numerous deputy houses and embassies.
In 1938 a monument of Francesco Nullo (1826-1863), appeared on the square, the Garibaldi soldiers commander, who died in the January Resurrection on 6 May 1863. The monument was a gift from the town of Bergamo, where Nullo was born.
In the years 1936-1939 the western side of the Konopnickiej street with the northern side of the Frascati street were developed with luxurious, four-storey houses designed by the best Warsaw architects: Bohdan Pniewski, Jerzy Gelbard, Roman Sigalin, Bohdan Lachert and Józef Szanajca.
In September 1939 during the Warsaw occupation the buildings around were destroyed. However, during the Warsaw Resurrection (1 August - 2 October 1944) fierce fights were going on in that region to keep the narrow passage (the Książęca street gorge) of the "South" Centre with Czerniaków. On 4 June the command in Czerniaków was taken by lieutenant colonel „Radosław”, evacuated from the Old Town with his troops. It was made of remaining soldiers of battalions: „Broda”, „Czata”, „Zośka” and „Parasol”. The strengthened defense of Czerniaków did not prevent the break of the connection with the Centre on 13 September.
On 27 August the insurgents of the company of lieutenant "Bradl" from the groups of lieutenant colonel "Sławbor" took a part of the Frascati street. On 2 September the troops of captain "Reda" won the YMCA building at Konopnickiej street. However taking the area of the Seym was beyond the possibilities of the "Bradl" and "Ziuk" lieutenants. The German attack on Czerniaków continuing from 10 September led the Germans to take the French Embassy, the Chinese Consulate, the Pniewski villa and the eastern side of the Frascati street. The Polish positions were kept on the line of the Konopnickiej street until surrender.
After the capitulation of the Upraising the civilians were expelled from the town and grouped in a temporary camp in Pruszków. Some of them were sent to unfree labour to Germany, others were sent to kieleckie and krakowskie voivodship, where they were released from trains and left alone in unknown places. In October 1944 the Germans burnt the buildings, which remained standing after the fights.
On 17 January 1945 the First Polish Army occupied the town on the left river bank in the framework of the Warsaw Operation conducted by Soviet armies and the First Belarus Front.
Taking over the plots in Warsaw established with a Decree of the Council of Ministers of 26 October 1945, resulted in demolition of all burnt objects in this area as well as in the area of the Centre.
The burned Handzelewicz villa in the northern corner of the Nulla street was rebuilt about 1946 in a very simplified form. The villa designed by Lech Niemojewski, located in the opposite corner was completely destroyed. The Branicki palace, burnt, but possible to rebuilt, was demolished circa 1950. Monumental stairs were built on the place and it was the only completed element of social realism design of the development of the Trzech Krzyży region. The stairs lead to the Park of Culture and Leisure at Powiśle Czerniakowskie. The monumental scale of the stairs is not adequate to minimum communication needs, which they now fulfill.
In 1966 the Council of Ministers bought a villa from the successors of Bohdan Pniewski. It was rebuilt in the years 1948-1949 and it was given to the Museum of Earth, which is located on the opposite side of the Na Skarpie Alley, in the so called Old Branicki Palace.
In the mid sixties of the 20th century in the south-east corner of the Nulla and Frascati streets a functional residential house was built, with a scale fitting the surrounding. The same looking houses, identical in terms of size and architecture, were built in the north western corner of Nulla street and the Na Skarpie Alley and at the Frascati street.
Compiled by: Fryderyk Szymański, APA Kuryłowicz & Associates
The last vacant plot at the Francesca Nulla street was developed with the Wolf Nullo office building. In July 2006 it was given to use. The vicinity of Trakt Królewski, the buildings of the Seym and Senate, the office of the President of the Republic of Poland and the Warsaw slope, gave rise to the beginnings of a free standing building surrounded with green areas, with a very high architectural standard. The building fits the exceptional context of the surrounding and has become one of the most interesting objects of Warsaw.
its best value is the natural surface and resistance to the impact of nature. Thanks to these features it is used as a component of outside elevation.
these are large format slabs with irregular structure, coming from Italy. Its values were used in the investment to cover the outside walls, the outside ceilings and fencing of the building.
rock coming from Brazil. This persistent material was used to make flooring in the atrium and the stair covering in the staircases.
mineral coming from India, a fine-grained type of gypsum. Dense in its texture, slightly transparent, in beige and amber colors, with beautiful venation. It was used in the investment as material for washing basins and bathroom tops.
resistant and very durable concrete, which has additional aesthetic values. Therefore it was used to build the inside walls in staircases, in technical areas, internal walls of modern office storeys.
type of concrete, which ensures the same endurance and resistance as regular concrete. It may have various colors and shadows. It was used in the investment as raw finishing of technical areas and walls in parking areas.
material with special colors and valuable features. It is hard, damage resistant and indifferent to atmospheric conditions, but exclusive at the same time. Due to all the properties it was applied on terraces on floors 0 and +3.
this material is resistant to corrosion and external conditions. It was used on outside benches and in small outside architecture. Due to its high resistance to mechanical damages it was also used in handrails and in lifts.
it is a type of decorative plaster with a visible and specific texture. In the investment it was used to finish the inside walls on the office floors and thanks to this they have become elegant and original.
ul. Francesca Nulla 2
tel: +48 22 436 37 16
Wolf Immobilien Polen Sp. z o.o. was established on 26 January 1996. The company was founded with the intention to invest in the Warsaw real estate market and is a continuity of economic activity carried out by its shareholders since 1989.
From the beginning of its activity the company focuses on gaining areas located in the most prestigious locations of Warsaw. To complete the investment tasks efficiently, the company shareholders decided to reorganize it. The uniform company structure was split and among others Wolf Nullo Branch was separated from it to start business on 1 May 2002. On May the 30th 2008 the company was transformed from a limited liability company into a joint stock company.
The assets of the Wolf Nullo Branch included the real estated located at Francesca Nulla street in Warsaw. Considering the location of the real estate in the neighborhood of prestigious buildings and conurbations of Warsaw, such as: the Seym, the Polish President Office, the Trzech Krzyży square, the Stock Exchange, the embassies, a decision was made about raising an office building in this area.
Prestigious location, entrusting the design work to one of the best Polish architects, prof. dr hab. Stefan Kuryłowicz and the high standard of the investment will completely meet the requirements of the most demanding clients and tenant of the Wolf Nullo office building.
All designs of Wolf Immobilien Polen S.A. are distinctive with a unique architecture, high finishing standard and they are unquestionably recognizable in the Warsaw market. They were created with the intention to remain in the company portfolio as long-term investments. The company has been using the services of specialist companies for many years to realize the intended tasks, which let the company develop in the real estate market.
The legal support has been provided by such renowned law firms as Hogan&Hartson, K&L Gates, Bird&Bird.
The company financing process for many years has been based on cooperation with international financial institutions such as Dresdner Bank AG, BNP Dresdner Bank, Eurohypo, DZ Bank, Bank of China.
The financial auditing and tax advising has been provided by such renowned auditors and councilors as Ernst&Young or KPMG. In terms of real estated assessment the company has been using, among others, the services of Knight Frank.
Building commercialization and expansion planning in the real estate market is carried out with the cooperation of worldwide agencies – Cushman&Wakefield and CBRE.
The company focuses on gaining areas located in the most prestigious locations of Warsaw.
So far we have gained financially stable and long-term tenants of our buildings, among others: Dresdner Bank AG, Bank BNP Paribas SA, Bank BGŻ SA, Bank of China, Advent International, CC Group, Stock Polska, Volvo, Ikea. The exclusive world fashion designers, such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Saint Laurent, Lanvin opened their first and the only ones in Poland boutiques.
Movie . zip . 38MBdownload
Folder . pdf . 5MBdownload
Area plans . pdf . 1,2MBdownload
Photo gallery . zip . 13,5MBdownload
Building technology . pdf . 134kbdownload
Building information . pdf . 109kbdownload
Company information . pdf . 117kbdownload
Information for shareholders . pdf . 41kbdownload